Loose watercolors seem intimidating, but truth be told, they're the easiest way to use watercolor for three reasons:
- You don't need a lot of control or advanced techniques to create something truly beautiful.
- Working in layers provides the opportunity to return with fresh eyes each time a layer dries - this is so important, especially while learning a new technique
- Without realizing it, you get to play. When we create for the process, we learn skills that we didn't even realize we were adopting as our own, and we can surprise ourselves with the result.
This class covers:
- Framing an isolated scene using doors and windows
- Adding texture without overthinking
- Brush techniques that will help create your intended strokes
- Working with paint-to-water ratio to get optimal results
- Learning to enhance and detract from details in your art pieces
When you're finished with this class, you'll have both a beautiful loosely painted watercolor door scene along with a window, framed in playful plants. This class is for all levels, and most importantly, is suitable for the beginner, even if you've never touched art supplies before.
I can't wait to see what you create. Let's get into it!