I just love wildflowers whether I see them growing in the garden or fresh cut in a vase or painting them!
I wanted to offer this class for beginning artists who want to learn how to start painting in acrylic paints. This is a very easy class to take when just getting started. In this class you will learn:
- What type of acrylic paints work best
- What brushes to use
- How to load your brushes with paint and apply to canvas
- How to create different brush strokes to achieve flower petals and foliage
- How to create subtle rays of sunshine to highlight your wildflowers
I will teach you every step of the way as we paint together!
Here is a list of supplies you will need:
- Blick student grade acrylics blickrylic colors I use are titanium white, mars black, ultramarine blue, colbalt blue, lime green, cadmium yellow (deep yellow), violet purple, orange. I prefer this brand but you can use any acrylics that you may have.
- Large 3/4 inch flat brush, Med. 1/2 inch flat brush, No. 6 flat brush, No. 2 detail brush or similiar brushes.
- 11x14 canvas
- Water jar
- Styrofoam disposable plate or palate
- Paper towels or rag
- easel if you have one or work flat on table top
Set up your work space and lets paint together!