Welcome to the course 2 of the series: Personal Finance 101: Take Control of Your Finance. In the second course we will focus on Investment and Debt Management from a personal finance perspective.
You can access the course 1 of the series here:
Here are the topics we will cover in course 2.
- Inflation vs Investment - why investment is almost essential to avoid losing monetary value
- Importance of investing with a long term horizon
- Magic of Compounding and Rule of 72
- Where can you invest?
- Introduction to Stocks
- Stock Price vs Market Cap - why market cap is more important that stock price itself.
- Introduction to ETFs
- Stock Picking vs Investing in ETFs
- Alternative Investing - investing options beyond stocks of companies
- Importance of Portfolio Diversification - how diversification helps get better return to risk ratio
- Some Tips for beginners in investment
- How to slay the debt dragon - strategies to pay off loan faster
- Which loan gets the extra dollar - highest interest or lowest monthly payment one? There's ONE right answer.
By the end of this course, you will have a sound understanding of your investment options, and clarity on how to attack and strategically payoff your debts faster.